Given an integer N, the task is to find the greatest number less than N such that the sum of its digits is greater than the sum of the digits of N. If the condition isn’t satisfied for any number then print -1.
Input: N = 100
99 is the largest number less than 100 sum of whose digits is greater than the sum of the digits of 100
Input: N = 49
Approach: Start a loop from N-1 to 1 and check whether the sum of the digits of any number is greater than the sum of the digits of N. The first number that satisfies the condition is the required number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Largest number with maximum trailing nines which is less than N and greater than N-D
- Largest number less than N whose each digit is prime number
- Largest even digit number not greater than N
- Highest and Smallest power of K less than and greater than equal to N respectively
- Smallest subarray of size greater than K with sum greater than a given value
- Check if frequency of each digit is less than the digit
- Sum of largest prime factor of each number less than equal to n
- Largest subset having with sum less than equal to sum of respective indices
- Find Largest Special Prime which is less than or equal to a given number
- Largest number less than or equal to N/2 which is coprime to N
- Largest number less than or equal to Z that leaves a remainder X when divided by Y
- Largest number M less than N such that XOR of M and N is even
- Count numbers whose maximum sum of distinct digit-sum is less than or equals M
- Minimum N-Digit number required to obtain largest N-digit number after performing given operations
- Count numbers with difference between number and its digit sum greater than specific value
- Numbers less than N that are perfect cubes and the sum of their digits reduced to a single digit is 1
- Largest number not greater than N all the digits of which are odd
- Largest number not greater than N which can become prime after rearranging its digits
- Find largest factor of N such that N/F is less than K
- Largest subsequence having GCD greater than 1
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.