Given an integer N, the task is to find the greatest number less than N such that the sum of its digits is greater than the sum of the digits of N. If the condition isn’t satisfied for any number then print -1.
Input: N = 100
99 is the largest number less than 100 sum of whose digits is greater than the sum of the digits of 100
Input: N = 49
Approach: Start a loop from N-1 to 1 and check whether the sum of the digits of any number is greater than the sum of the digits of N. The first number that satisfies the condition is the required number.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
- Largest even digit number not greater than N
- Least Greater number with same digit sum
- Count of Numbers in Range where first digit is equal to last digit of the number
- Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Count numbers with difference between number and its digit sum greater than specific value
- Largest N digit number divisible by given three numbers
- C++ Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Java Program for Largest K digit number divisible by X
- Largest number less than N whose each digit is prime number
- Generate a number such that the frequency of each digit is digit times the frequency in given number
- Smallest integer greater than n such that it consists of digit m exactly k times
- Largest Even and Odd N-digit numbers
- Product of N with its largest odd digit
- Smallest and Largest sum of two n-digit numbers
- Count 'd' digit positive integers with 0 as a digit
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.