Given radius of sphere, calculate the volume and surface area of sphere.
Just like a circle, which geometrically is a two-dimensional object, a sphere is defined mathematically as the set of points that are all at the same distance r from a given point, but in three-dimensional space. This distance r is the radius of the sphere, and the given point is the center of the sphere.
For a given surface area, the sphere is the one solid that has the greatest volume. This why it appears in nature so much, such as water drops, bubbles and planets etc.
Volume Of Sphere:
The number of cubic units that will exactly fill a sphere or the storage capacity of sphere. We can calculate the volume of sphere by using formula:
Surface Area Of Sphere:
The surface area of a sphere object is a measure of the total area that the surface of the sphere occupies. We can calculate the volume of sphere by using formula:
Input : Radius Of Sphere = 5 Output : Volume Of Sphere : 523.5987755982989 Surface Area Of Sphere : 314.1592653589793 Explanation: Volume =( 4/3 ) * 3.14159 * 5 * 5 * 5 = 523.598 Surface Area = 4 * 3.14159 * 5 * 5 =314.159 Input : Radius Of Sphere = 12 Output : Volume Of Sphere : 7238.229473870883 Surface Area Of Sphere : 1809.5573684677208
Volume Of Sphere :7238.22 Surface Area Of Sphere :1809.56
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Calculate Volume, Curved Surface Area and Total Surface Area Of Cylinder
- Calculate volume and surface area of a cone
- Program to calculate Volume and Surface area of Hemisphere
- Calculate volume and surface area of Torus
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cube
- Program for Volume and Surface Area of Cuboid
- Program for Volume and Surface area of Frustum of Cone
- Surface Area and Volume of Hexagonal Prism
- Program to find volume and surface area of pentagonal prism
- Program to find Surface Area and Volume of Octagonal Prism
- Program to calculate the Surface Area of a Triangular Prism
- Volume of largest right circular cylinder within a Sphere
- Volume of biggest sphere within a right circular cylinder
- Percentage increase in volume of the sphere if radius is increased by a given percentage
- Minimum volume of cone that can be circumscribed about a sphere of radius R
- Program to calculate area and volume of a Tetrahedron
- Find the Surface area of a 3D figure
- Program for Surface Area of Octahedron
- Program for Surface area of Dodecahedron
- Program to find the surface area of the square pyramid
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : vt_m