Given an array of N integers. The task is to find the average of the numbers after removing k largest elements and k smallest element from the array i.e. calculate the average value of the remaining N – 2K elements.
Input: arr = [1, 2, 4, 4, 5, 6], K = 2 Output: 4 Remove 2 smallest elements i.e. 1 and 2 Remove 2 largest elements i.e. 5 and 6 Remaining elements are 4, 4. So average of 4, 4 is 4. Input: arr = [1, 2, 3], K = 3 Output: 0
- If no. of elements to be removed is greater than no. of elements present in the array, then ans = 0.
- Else, Sort all the elements of the array. Then, calculate average of elements from Kth index to n-k-1th index.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Find last two remaining elements after removing median of any 3 consecutive elements repeatedly
- k largest(or smallest) elements in an array | added Min Heap method
- Minimum number of elements to be removed such that the sum of the remaining elements is equal to k
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to sum of all the remaining elements
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to XOR of remaining elements
- Check if the array has an element which is equal to product of remaining elements
- Maximize the sum of sum of the Array by removing end elements
- Maximize the sum of differences of consecutive elements after removing exactly K elements
- Minimize the sum of differences of consecutive elements after removing exactly K elements
- Count occurrences of the average of array elements with a given number
- Number of ways to choose elements from the array such that their average is K
- Find the deleted value from the array when average of original elements is given
- Minimize the sum calculated by repeatedly removing any two elements and inserting their sum to the Array
- Maximum distinct elements after removing k elements
- Find the smallest and second smallest elements in an array
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.