Given a Linked List of length n and block length k rotate in circular manner towards right/left each block by a number d. If d is positive rotate towards right else rotate towards left.
Input: 1->2->3->4->5->6->7->8->9->NULL, k = 3 d = 1 Output: 3->1->2->6->4->5->9->7->8->NULL Explanation: Here blocks of size 3 are rotated towards right(as d is positive) by 1. Input: 1->2->3->4->5->6->7->8->9->10-> 11->12->13->14->15->NULL, k = 4 d = -1 Output: 2->3->4->1->6->7->8->5->10->11 ->12->9->14->15->13->NULL Explanation: Here, at the end of linked list, remaining nodes are less than k, i.e. only three nodes are left while k is 4. Rotate those 3 nodes also by d.
Prerequisite: Rotate a linked list
The idea is if the absolute value of d is greater than the value of k, then rotate the link list by d % k times. If d is 0, no need to rotate the linked list at all.
Given linked list 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 Rotated by blocks Linked list 2 3 1 5 6 4 8 9 7
This article is contributed by Chhavi. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Rotate the sub-list of a linked list from position M to N to the right by K places
- Rotate Doubly linked list by N nodes
- Rotate a Linked List
- Flatten a multi-level linked list | Set 2 (Depth wise)
- Python | Ways to rotate a list
- XOR Linked List - A Memory Efficient Doubly Linked List | Set 1
- XOR Linked List – A Memory Efficient Doubly Linked List | Set 2
- Merge a linked list into another linked list at alternate positions
- Convert singly linked list into circular linked list
- Difference between Singly linked list and Doubly linked list
- Convert Singly Linked List to XOR Linked List
- Create new linked list from two given linked list with greater element at each node
- Check if a linked list is Circular Linked List
- Generate Linked List consisting of maximum difference of squares of pairs of nodes from given Linked List
- Rotate bits of a number
- Rotate Matrix Elements
- Inplace rotate square matrix by 90 degrees | Set 1
- Rotate each ring of matrix anticlockwise by K elements
- Rotate a matrix by 90 degree without using any extra space | Set 2
- Program to cyclically rotate an array by one