Given a number N. The task is to print the nearest prime if the number is not prime by making it prime by adding prime numbers sequentially from 2.
Input: N = 8
8 is not prime, so add the first prime to it to get 10
10 is not prime, hence add the second prime, i.e., 3 to get 13 which is prime.
Input: N = 45
Approach Using Sieve of Eratosthenes, mark the prime index by 1 in isprime list and store all the prime numbers in a list prime. Keep adding prime numbers sequentially to N, till it becomes prime.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Print prime numbers with prime sum of digits in an array
- Nearest prime less than given number n
- Check if a number is Prime, Semi-Prime or Composite for very large numbers
- Check if a prime number can be expressed as sum of two Prime Numbers
- Print all numbers whose set of prime factors is a subset of the set of the prime factors of X
- Count of distinct sums that can be obtained by adding prime numbers from given arrays
- Absolute difference between the Product of Non-Prime numbers and Prime numbers of an Array
- Permutation of first N positive integers such that prime numbers are at prime indices | Set 2
- Permutation of first N positive integers such that prime numbers are at prime indices
- Print prime numbers in a given range using C++ STL
- Print all prime numbers less than or equal to N
- Program to print first N Prime numbers
- Absolute difference between the XOR of Non-Prime numbers and Prime numbers of an Array
- Absolute Difference between the Sum of Non-Prime numbers and Prime numbers of an Array
- Count all prime numbers in a given range whose sum of digits is also prime
- Print numbers such that no two consecutive numbers are co-prime and every three consecutive numbers are co-prime
- Print prime numbers from 1 to N in reverse order
- Print all Semi-Prime Numbers less than or equal to N
- Nearest prime number in the array of every array element
- Python program to print all Prime numbers in an Interval
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.