Given a Binary Tree having positive and negative nodes, the task is to find the maximum sum of leaf nodes among all level of the given binary tree.
Input: 4 / \ 2 -5 / \ -1 3 Output: 2 Sum of all leaves at 0th level is 0. Sum of all leaves at 1st level is -5. Sum of all leaves at 2nd level is 2. Hence maximum sum is 2. Input: 1 / \ 2 3 / \ \ 4 5 8 / \ 6 7 Output: 13
Approach: The idea to solve the above problem is to do level order traversal of tree. While doing traversal, process nodes of different level separately. For every level being processed, compute the sum of leaf nodes in the level and keep track of the maximum sum.
Below is the implementation of the above approach:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Maximum sum of non-leaf nodes among all levels of the given binary tree
- Find maximum among all right nodes in Binary Tree
- Print all nodes between two given levels in Binary Tree
- Construct XOR tree by Given leaf nodes of Perfect Binary Tree
- Print Levels of all nodes in a Binary Tree
- Count nodes from all lower levels smaller than minimum valued node of current level for every level in a Binary Tree
- Print alternate nodes from all levels of a Binary Tree
- Print Sum and Product of all Non-Leaf nodes in Binary Tree
- Sum of all leaf nodes of binary tree
- Remove nodes from Binary Tree such that sum of all remaining root-to-leaf paths is atleast K
- Print the longest leaf to leaf path in a Binary tree
- Print odd positioned nodes of odd levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print even positioned nodes of even levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print even positioned nodes of odd levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Print odd positioned nodes of even levels in level order of the given binary tree
- Remove all leaf nodes from a Generic Tree or N-ary Tree
- Product of all leaf nodes of binary tree
- Print All Leaf Nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right | Set-2 ( Iterative Approach )
- Print all leaf nodes of a binary tree from right to left
- Print all leaf nodes of a Binary Tree from left to right
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.