FLEX (Fast Lexical Analyzer Generator) is a tool/computer program for generating lexical analyzers (scanners or lexers) written by Vern Paxson in C around 1987. Lex reads an input stream specifying the lexical analyzer and outputs source code implementing the lexer in the C programming language. The function yylex() is the main flex function which runs the Rule Section.
Prerequisite: FLEX (Fast Lexical Analyzer Generator)
Input: hello how are you? Output: hellohowareyou? Input: Welcome to Geeks for Geeks Output: WelcometoGeeksforGeeks
Open input file in read mode and whenever parser encounters newline (\n), space ( ) or tab (\t) remove it and write all the other characters in output file.
Input File: Input.txt (Input File used in this program)
Below is the implementation program:
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Lex Program to print the total characters, white spaces, tabs in the given input file
- Lex program to count the number of lines, spaces and tabs
- Lex program to copy the content of one file to another file
- Lex Program to remove comments from C program
- Lex program to check whether the input is digit or not
- Lex program to check whether input number is odd or even
- LEX program to add line numbers to a given file
- Lex program to search a word in a file
- Lex program to count the frequency of the given word in a file
- LEX code to extract HTML tags from a file
- Lex code to replace a word with another word in a file
- Input an integer array without spaces in C
- C Program to count number of lines in a file
- Lex Program to Identify and Count Positive and Negative Numbers
- Lex program to recognize valid arithmetic expression and identify the identifiers and operators
- Lex Program to accept a valid integer and float value
- LEX program to count the number of vowels and consonants in a given string
- Lex program to Count the Positive numbers, Negative numbers and Fractions
- Lex program to count words that are less than 10 and greater than 5
- Lex Program to count number of words
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.