Zynga Interview Experience for SE-1 ( Experienced )
The interview was held in the Bengaluru Studio.
For more than 1 yr experienced.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
There were 3 technical F2F rounds and all rounds were white boarding rounds where production ready code (if asked) was to be written.
Round 1: 1 hr
There were 3 questions in this round :
- Parse and check if a list of ip addresses are valid addresses – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/program-to-validate-an-ip-address/
- Convert a roman number to decimal – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/converting-roman-numerals-decimal-lying-1-3999/
- Minesweeper game design and code – More on different components and how to go about writing the code – Can be solved using graph algorithms like DFS/BFS.
Apart from the above questions, in depth discussion about Maps in Java and C++. How maps handle collisions – Linear probing and Chaining concepts. How are hash functions implemented.
Discussion on previous work experience and technologies used.
Round 2: 1 hr
- Detailed discussion on concurrency in OS – Semaphore, Mutex locks, Threads – Binary Semaphore vs Counting Semaphore.
- Discussion on Java concepts like Garbage collection and Threads. How Garbage collector removes unused references?
- What are smart pointers in C++.
- Further discussion on Maps and different types of map implementations in Java ( TreeMap, Linked Hash Map etc. )
- Design and code how a chat UI handles stream of incoming messages in bounded screen ( Whatsapp, Facebook chat screens ). Some idea about android UI helped me to solve this. I gave a solution using LinkedLists and RecyclerView ( Android concept). Interviewer wasn’t completely satisfied with the solution. Discussions on stuff like – scroll speed, gesture control etc. on the UI.
Round 3: Hiring Manager round – 1.5 hrs
- Discussion on previous work experience and technologies worked on.
- Question on tree – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-level-order-traversal-line-line/
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/zigzag-tree-traversal/ – a variation of above question.
- https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/given-a-sequence-of-words-print-all-anagrams-together/ – Solution using hashmap and sorting preferred.
- Discussion on maps and collisions.
- Interviewer asked me to roughly draw the architecture of the application on which I worked in my previous firm. He asked me the technology used and role of each component in the architecture.
- Brief Discussion on TCP vs UDP. Different layers in TCP/IP model and what each layer is responsible for.
- Discussion on previous projects .
- Why I want to join Zynga and expectations from the company.
I was finally selected and I accepted the offer.
The interview experience was really amazing and the interviewers were very friendly and helpful.