Zoho Interview Experience | Set 9 (On-Campus)
Round 1: Written (1.5 hours)
This round consisted of two sections- 10 questions from each section.
Technical: Output for C programs which were on Operator Precedence, Bitwise operators, Strings, Pointers, Structures, Recursion etc.
General: Questions were mainly from quantitative aptitude which included problems on Trains, Ages, Ratio and proportion, Boats and streams, Partnership, Speed and distance.
Round 2: Short coding (3-4 hours)
This round consisted of 6 questions.
- Given a Boolean matrix mat[M][N] of size M X N, modify it such that if a matrix cell mat[i][j] is 1 then make its adjacent cells as 0.
- Replace every element with the greatest element on right side https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/replace-every-element-with-the-greatest-on-right-side/
- Equilibrium index of an array https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/equilibrium-index-of-an-array/
- Flood fill algorithm https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/flood-fill-algorithm-implement-fill-paint/
- Print matrix in zig-zag fashion https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/print-matrix-zag-zag-fashion/
- Diameter of a Binary Tree https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/diameter-of-a-binary-tree/
The mentors were very much particular on the time and space complexity of the code.
Round 3: Long coding (4 hours)
The question was to develop a spreadsheet with the following functionalities. First were asked to explain our method of approach towards the problem only then we were allowed to code.
- Print all the cells in the spreadsheet
- Display the result in the cell by evaluating the expression (without precedence and order of evaluation)
- Display the result in the cell by evaluation the expression (using precedence and order of evaluation)
- To check if there is any error in the given expression
- To check if there is any circular dependency between the given cells
- Change the contents in the given range of cells if a certain condition is satisfied
In this round it didn’t really matter how much you solved, it mainly depended on how efficient your solution was.
This was a face-to-face interview with HR which was conducted only for a few candidates while the rest were selected based upon their performance in previous round. Few technical and general questions were asked in this round.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.