- If only one file is specified, it is compared to the uncompressed contents of the specified file.
- If two files are specified, their contents (uncompressed if necessary) are fed to diff.
zdiff [ diff_options ] file1 [ file2 ]
Example 1: In the below example, zdiff compares
file2.gz and returns the lines in which the difference occurs.
- Creating two files and compressing them.
- Now comparing the two given files.
Example 2: Command with only one parameter. In the below example,
file1.gz is compared with its uncompressed contents i.e.,
file1 and returns the lines in which the difference occurs.
- Replacing the contents of file1 while keeping the file1.gz same from Example 1.
- Now executing the zdiff command with single parameter.