The plus(long, unit) method of YearMonth class used to return a copy of this Year-month after adding the specified amount of TemporalUnit to this Year-month object. An exception is thrown, If the specified unit cannot be added to Year-month. This instance is immutable and unaffected by this method call.
public YearMonth plus(long amountToadd, TemporalUnit unit)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters:
- amountToadd: This parameter represents the amount of the unit to add to the result.
- unit This parameter represents the unit of the amount to add.
Return Value: This method returns a Year-month based on this Year-month with the specified amount added.
Exception: This method throws following Exceptions:
- DateTimeException – This exception is thrown if the addion cannot be made.
- UnsupportedTemporalTypeException – This exception is thrown if the unit is not supported.
- ArithmeticException – This exception is thrown if numeric overflow occurs.
Below programs illustrate the plus(long, unit) method:
YearMonth :2017-08 After addition YearMonth: 2032-08
YearMonth :2019-12 After addition YearMonth: 2022-06
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.