YearMonth minus(long,unit) method in Java with Examples
The minus(long, unit) method of YearMonth class is used to return a copy of this Year-month after subtracting the specified amount of TemporalUnit from this Year-month object.An exception is thrown, If the specified unit cannot be subtracted from Year-month. This instance is immutable and unaffected by this method call.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.
public YearMonth minus(long amountToSubtract, TemporalUnit unit)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters:
- amountToSubtract: This parameter represents the amount of the unit to subtract from the result.
- unit: This parameter represents the unit of the amount to subtract.
Return Value: This method returns a Year-month based on this Year-month with the specified amount subtracted.
Exception: This method throws following Exceptions:
- DateTimeException – This exception is thrown if the subtraction cannot be made.
- UnsupportedTemporalTypeException – This exception is thrown if the unit is not supported.
- ArithmeticException – This exception is thrown if numeric overflow occurs.
Below programs illustrate the minus(long, unit) method:
YearMonth :2017-08 After subtraction YearMonth: 1997-08
YearMonth :2019-12 After subtraction YearMonth: 2017-06