Year plus(long,unit) method in Java with Examples
The plus(long, unit) method of Year class is used to return a copy of this year after adding the specified amount of unit to this Year object.An exception is thrown, If the specified unit cannot be added to this Year object. This instance is immutable and unaffected by this method call.
public Year plus(long amountToadd, TemporalUnit unit)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters:
- amountToadd: This parameter represents the amount of the unit to add to the result.
- unit: This parameter represents the unit of the amount to add.
Return Value: This method returns a Year based on this year with the specified amount added.
Exception: This method throws following Exceptions:
- DateTimeException – This exception is thrown if the addition cannot be made.
- UnsupportedTemporalTypeException – This exception is thrown if the unit is not supported.
- ArithmeticException – This exception is thrown if numeric overflow occurs.
Below programs illustrate the plus(long, unit) method:
Year :2019 After addition year: 2049
Year :2022 After addition year: 2072
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course.