The minus(long, unit) method of Year class is used to return a copy of this year after subtracting the specified amount of unit from this Year object.An exception is thrown, If the specified unit cannot be subtracted from Year. This instance is immutable and unaffected by this method call.
public Year minus(long amountToSubtract, TemporalUnit unit)
Parameters: This method accepts two parameters:
- amountToSubtract: This parameter represents the amount of the unit to subtract from the result.
- unit: This parameter represents the unit of the amount to subtract.
Return Value: This method returns a Year based on this year with the specified amount subtracted.
Exception: This method throws following Exceptions:
- DateTimeException – This exception is thrown if the subtraction cannot be made.
- UnsupportedTemporalTypeException – This exception is thrown if the unit is not supported.
- ArithmeticException – This exception is thrown if numeric overflow occurs.
Below programs illustrate the minus(long, unit) method:
Year :2019 After subtraction year: 1999
Year :2022 After subtraction year: 1992
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important Java Foundation and Collections concepts with the Fundamentals of Java and Java Collections Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.