Yamaha Motor Solution Pvt. Ltd. Interview Experience for SDE | On-Campus 2021
I applied through college or university. The process took less than a month, which includes 5 rounds. It includes a bond of 2 yrs (6-month intern + 1.5 yrs Full time) with a penalty fee.
The interview was Virtual except CTO round.
Round 1 Online MCQ Test (Aptitude + Technical): The test had 90 questions for 90 minutes and was divided into 2 sections (Aptitude + technical).
- The aptitude section consists of quantitative and verbal reasoning questions.
- The technical section had C++, JAVA fundamentals, OOPS, DBMS, CN, Data structures questions.
There was no negative marking. I don’t know how many students gave the test but only 10 were selected to move to the next round.
Round 2 (Psychometric Test): Non-elimination round consisting of personality evaluation-based MCQ questions. It had around 50 questions to be done in 30 minutes.
Round 3 (HR Interview): This round takes around 20-25 mins. Because of Covid held online. It is an elimination round. Questions were as follows:
- Introduce yourself
- What sports do you play? Do you play just for fun or achieved something or represented at the regional or national level?
- Family background
- Your aim and why did you choose this college? And why BTech?
- This job includes bond are you happy with that? Can you relocate?
- Explain your achievements in various fields. Your strengths and hobbies.
- In which language you code? Java/C++ or something else?
Out of 10, only 6 qualifies for the next round.
Round 4 (Technical Interview): Once again because of Covid held in online mode. It is also an elimination round. This round takes around 30-45 mins. In this, they asked questions from various computer science subjects:
- Explain the OOPS concept.
- What are polymorphism, abstraction, class-object, inheritance, and its types in OOPS.
- Function overloading and function overriding.
- What is Virtual Function?
- How error handling is done in java and c++?
- What are socket and port? What ports are used?
- Client-server architecture and API.
- What are kernels and their function? Difference between the kernel and operating system?
- Program to swap two numbers without using 3rd variable.
- Program to print Fibonacci series.
- Program to delete a line from a paragraph.
- Joins and union in SQL?
- Different types of joins? Write Full outer join query.
- DELETE, DROP and TRUNCATE in SQL?
- ACID property in DBMS?
- Inline function? Why they are used?
- Explain the projects you have mentioned in your resume.
- Can we run a program without a main function in C++ and Java?
- What are GET, PUT, and POST?
- Commands in SQL like DDL, DML, etc.
So, out of 6, only 2 students were selected for the next round.
Round 5 (Interview with CTO): This is also an elimination round, this round is a F2F interview held at their office (my interview held at their Faridabad office). Questions were as
- Introduction, academic details, family background, where do you live? Your hometown, interest and hobbies, project discussion, do you have any other offer in hand? And some cross-questioning.
Overall the CTO will judge your personality by your answers, family background details, and your communication skills.
Result: Selected for their graduate engineer trainee role.