Selenium’s Python Module is built to perform automated testing with Python. Selenium Python bindings provides a simple API to write functional/acceptance tests using Selenium WebDriver. Through Selenium Python API you can access all functionalities of Selenium WebDriver in an intuitive way. This article illustrates about how to use Selenium Python to write automated tests using Python Selenium.
If you have not installed Selenium and its components yet, install them from here – Selenium Python Introduction and Installation. The selenium package itself doesn’t provide a testing tool/framework. One can write test cases using Python’s unittest module. The other options for a tool/framework are py.test and nose.
How to write tests using Selenium in Python
We have used unittest framework of Python to write tests. Let’s test search functionality at Python.org using Python selenium tests. To know more about unittest, visit – unittest Documentation. Explanation for each line is give in code itself.
- Python | Exceptional Conditions Testing in Unit Tests
- Writing to file in Python
- Writing CSV files in Python
- Writing to an excel sheet using Python
- Reading and Writing CSV Files in Python
- Writing files in background in Python
- Reading and Writing XML Files in Python
- Reading and Writing to text files in Python
- Writing data from a Python List to CSV row-wise
- Reading and Writing JSON to a File in Python
- Python | Writing to an excel file using openpyxl module
- How to install Selenium in Python
- Waits in Selenium Python
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Exceptions - Selenium Python
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
- Selenium Python Basics
- Selenium Python Tutorial
- How to get current_url using Selenium in Python?
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.