How to write files in background in Python?
The idea is to us multi-threading in Python. It allows us to write files in the background while working on another operation. In this article, we will make a ‘Asyncwrite.py’ named file to demonstrate it. This program adds two numbers while it will also write a file in background. Please run this program on your own system so that you can see the file made
Enter a string to store: HelloWorld The program can continue while it writes in another thread 100 + 400 = 500 Finished background file write to out.txt Waited until thread was complete
The program will ask to enter a string and will calculate the sum of two numbers and in the background, it writes the ‘entered string’ to the output file named ‘out.txt’.Check your directory where your ‘Asyncwrite.py’ file exists and you’ll also find a file named ‘out.txt’ with your string stored in it.
The general purpose of writing files in the background is that you can add your data to a file in the background while making the program to do another task within the program.For eg. You can write the received input from the user to file while performing another task for the same user.
- Python PIL | BoxBlur() method
- Python | sympy.ones() method
- Python | sympy.zeros() method
- Python | sympy.eye() method
- How to write an empty function in Python - pass statement?
- Operator Functions in Python | Set 2
- Time Functions in Python | Set-2 (Date Manipulations)
- Send mail from your Gmail account using Python
- Python – The new generation Language
- Print Single and Multiple variable in Python
- Increment and Decrement Operators in Python
- str() vs repr() in Python
- Swap two variables in one line in C/C++, Python, PHP and Java
- Generate all permutation of a set in Python
- Class or Static Variables in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.