Given an integer x and a positive number y, write a function that computes xy under following conditions.
a) Time complexity of the function should be O(Log y)
b) Extra Space is O(1)
Input: x = 3, y = 5 Output: 243 Input: x = 2, y = 5 Output: 32
We strongly recommend that you click here and practice it, before moving on to the solution.
We have discussed recursive O(Log y) solution for power. The recursive solutions are generally not preferred as they require space on call stack and they involve function call overhead.
Following is implementation to compute xy.
Power is 243
This article is contributed by Udit Gupta. Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Write a function that generates one of 3 numbers according to given probabilities
- Write a function to get the intersection point of two Linked Lists
- Space efficient iterative method to Fibonacci number
- Program for Picard's iterative method | Computational Mathematics
- Iterative program to generate distinct Permutations of a String
- Print all the permutation of length L using the elements of an array | Iterative
- Find all even length binary sequences with same sum of first and second half bits | Iterative
- Write a program to reverse digits of a number
- Write an Efficient Method to Check if a Number is Multiple of 3
- Write a Program to Find the Maximum Depth or Height of a Tree
- Write an Efficient C Program to Reverse Bits of a Number
- Write a program to print all permutations of a given string
- Write you own Power without using multiplication(*) and division(/) operators
- Ways to write N as sum of two or more positive integers | Set-2
- Count of ways to write N as a sum of three numbers
- Print all possible ways to write N as sum of two or more positive integers
- Write a program to add two numbers in base 14
- Write a program to calculate pow(x,n)
- Spt function or Smallest Parts Function of a given number
- Reverse and Add Function