SP flash tools are widely used to download/update the firmware of MediaTek android phones. Using this one can revive a dead android phone, resetting, fixing a bricked device. It can also be used for testing memory.
Note: backup your android device before beginning this process.
- The latest version of the SP flash tool. Click here To Download.
- Working USB cable.
- MediaTek android phone.
- MediaTek USB driver. Click here To Download.
- Scatter file (for flashing android).
- Working internet connection.
Note: Every particular android phones have a particular firmware, use the one which is for your android else it can be bricked or even dead.
Steps To Flash The Phone
Step 1: Install the drivers and update them.
Step 2: Unzip the downloaded SP Flash tool and launch flash_tool.exe.
Step 3: You can see the different options, now locate the Scatter-loading File and choose the Android_scatter.txt from the firmware folder.
Step 4: Choose Download Only and begin the download.
Step 5: After downloading it connect your phone through the USB to the computer/laptop. (NOTE: your phone should be switched off)
Step 6: The phone will start flashing immediately after connecting it to your computer/laptop.
Step 7: Wait for a while the downloading will be done and a green tick will appear on the screen.
Step 8: Disconnect the USB and turn your phone on, it should work fine.
If the process stops automatically then choose the Format All + Download option and follow the above steps carefully.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Mathematical explanation for Linear Regression working
- What is MongoDB - Working and Features
- Working with AWS CodeCommit
- 5 Best Practices for Secure File Sharing
- Sign in Geeksforgeeks using Python Selenium
- How to Combine Multiple Base Images Using Single Dockerfile?
- Cyber Security - Attacking through Command and Control
- Creating a Network in Docker and Connecting a Container to That Network
- Reconnaissance | Penetration Testing
- Types of Cyber Attacks
- Login Twitter using Python Selenium
- Introduction to AWS Elastic File System(EFS)
- Introduction to AWS Amplify
- How to Create a Forensic Image with FTK Imager?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.