CSV file (Comma separated values file) is a plain text file that uses commas to separate values and fields. It is majorly used to store data in the form of tables or spreadsheets. Each row of a table or spreadsheet is a record filled with data that belongs to n fields (or Columns). It is used to import or export data and tables very easily and stored with the extension “.csv” in most programming languages.
Julia provides various file handling methods to perform operations on CSV files. These methods can be used to create a CSV file, add contents to the file, Update the File, etc.
Importing a CSV File in Julia
First, you need to Install CSV Package using following commands on the Julia command line:
using pkg pkg.add("Package name")
CSV Package is a built-in package with a defined “N” number of methods to perform n operations.
Now you have to Save your data into the CSV file.
Reading Data from a CSV File
Here we will use the CSV package and read() method in order to read the contents of the CSV File:
Modifying Contents of a CSV File
Here we will learn how to modify the content of an existing file with the help of the write() method in CSV package and DataFrames Package.
Now we will overwrite the existing ‘.csv’ file Using CSV write() method.
Writing to a CSV File
Here we will create a new file using touch() command and therefore use DataFrames and CSV packages to write the newly created dataframe content to a new file.
Deleting contents of a CSV File
Here we will learn to delete a particular column entry or multiple column entries from a particular table or spreadsheet using drop command in Julia.
Querying a CSV File
Here we will learn to query a particular column or set of columns as per demand from the entire table or spreadsheet, and we can even use operators in the query to retrieve a set of rows satisfying the particular condition.
Hence “N” number of operations can be performed on CSV file in Julia using built-in CSV packages with pre-defined “M” number of methods with unique operations.
- Working with Text Files in Julia
- Working with Excel Files in Julia
- Working with DataFrames in Julia
- Working with Date and Time in Julia
- Working with Databases in Julia
- Writing Data in Tabular form to Files in Julia
- Importing data from Files in Julia
- Reading Tabular Data from Files in Julia
- Julia end Keyword | Marking end of blocks in Julia
- Julia function keyword | Create user-defined functions in Julia
- Julia continue Keyword | Continue iterating to next value of a loop in Julia
- Julia break Keyword | Exiting from a loop in Julia
- Julia local Keyword | Creating a local variable in Julia
- Julia global Keyword | Creating a global variable in Julia
- Getting ceiling value of x in Julia - ceil() Method
- Getting floor value of x in Julia - floor() Method
- Getting the minimum value from a list in Julia - min() Method
- Package Management in Julia
- Visualisation in Julia
- Random Numbers Ecosystem in Julia - The Pseudo Side