Word Cloud in Tableau
In this article, we will learn how to illustrate Word Cloud in Tableau worksheet to do further operations.
- Tableau: Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
- World Cloud: A Word cloud, also referred to as a Tag cloud, may be a visual representation of text data, typically want to depict keyword metadata (tags) on websites or to see free morpheme text[Wikipedia]. Word clouds are a popular type of info-graphic with the assistance of which we will show the frequency of words in our data. This can be depicted either by the size or the color of the chosen fields in the data. They are a reasonably powerful feature to draw attention to your presentation or story.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset
Steps to illustrate a Word Cloud in Tableau:
- Open Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it.
- Drag and drop the one sheet of connected dataset.
- Click on Sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet.
- On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on left side and a worksheet for work.
5. To draw a word cloud you have to select minimum one attributes by drag and drop into the sheet area then apply the other parameters for better visualization.
In this example, we simply illustrate a word cloud and apply an attribute by size on it.
This example uses the above example with some extra marks (apply the filter and color marks) and which are shown easily below.
This example is similar to example 1 but applied to different values with different features with more clarification of the whole procedure.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...