wmemchr() function in C/C++
The wmemchr() function in C/C++ Locate character in block of wide characters. This function searches within the first num wide characters of the block pointed by ptr for the first occurrence of ch, and returns a pointer to it.
const wchar_t* wmemchr( const wchar_t* ptr, wchar_t ch, size_t num )
wchar_t* wmemchr( wchar_t* ptr, wchar_t ch, size_t num )
Parameters: The function accepts three mandatory parameters which are described below:
- ptr: specifies the pointer to the character array to be searched for.
- ch: specifies the character to be located.
- num: specifies the number of elements of type wchar_t to compare.
Return value: The function returns two value as below:
- On success, it returns a pointer to the location of character array.
- Otherwise, NULL pointer is returned.
Below programs illustrate the above function:
'o' is present in first 8 characters of "GeeksForGeeks"
Program 2 :
'p' is not present in first 3 characters of "GFG"