The wmemchr() function in C/C++ Locate character in block of wide characters. This function searches within the first num wide characters of the block pointed by ptr for the first occurrence of ch, and returns a pointer to it.
const wchar_t* wmemchr( const wchar_t* ptr, wchar_t ch, size_t num )
wchar_t* wmemchr( wchar_t* ptr, wchar_t ch, size_t num )
Parameters: The function accepts three mandatory parameters which are described below:
- ptr: specifies the pointer to the character array to be searched for.
- ch: specifies the character to be located.
- num: specifies the number of elements of type wchar_t to compare.
Return value: The function returns two value as below:
- On success, it returns a pointer to the location of character array.
- Otherwise, NULL pointer is returned.
Below programs illustrate the above function:
'o' is present in first 8 characters of "GeeksForGeeks"
Program 2 :
'p' is not present in first 3 characters of "GFG"
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- Difference between Virtual function and Pure virtual function in C++
- How to call some function before main() function in C++?
- How to call function within function in C or C++
- Difference between user defined function and library function in C/C++
- Difference between virtual function and inline function in C++
- Can we call an undeclared function in C++?
- Can we use function on left side of an expression in C and C++?
- Declare a C/C++ function returning pointer to array of integer pointers
- Function overloading and return type
- Function Pointer in C
- Default arguments and virtual function
- Function overloading and const keyword
- How to measure time taken by a function in C?
- Comparator function of qsort() in C
- Can we access private data members of a class without using a member or a friend function?
- Function Overloading and float in C++
- Extra brackets with function names in C/C++
- Function Interposition in C with an example of user defined malloc()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.