Wikit is an open-source and free command-line program that helps to get the summaries of the queries searched by the user from Wikipedia. It is built using Nodejs and works only if you have nodejs and npm environment in your OS. The dependencies must be installed first in order to use Wikit. Wikit fetches the information from Wikipedia and shows it in a summarized manner.
1. Install Nodejs using the command:
sudo apt install nodejs
2. Install Nodejs npm using the command:
sudo apt install nodejs npm
Once the necessary dependencies gets installed, install the wikit for Linux.
To install wikit, use the command:
sudo npm install wikit -g
-g is a flag used to tell npm to install it globally.
Use the command:
Here, article_name is any topic we want to search for.
Wikit provides a feature to open the full Wikipedia article in a browser using the -b flag that opens the page in a browser on giving the command.
Opening Article in Browser
To open the article on browser, use the command:
wikit article_name -b
- Difference Between Arch Linux and Kali Linux
- Linux Virtualization : Linux Containers (lxc)
- Why Linux is Better?
- Linux vs Unix
- Filters in Linux
- while command in Linux with example
- Linux Commands
- od command in Linux with example
- SED command in Linux | Set 2
- Fun Commands in Linux
- Different Shells in Linux
- Linux | Nmon
- who command in Linux
- Run Levels in Linux
- du Command in LINUX
- Permissions in Linux
- Some useful Linux Hacks
- 10 Best Linux VPS Hosting
- 'dd' command in Linux
- The Linux Kernel