When any web application or software is ready for release there is an expectation that it will be implemented well in all browsers but, it’s not the case because every browser is not equal. Some browsers are designed in such a way that it will work with a certain operating system and some have boasting features. Some of the features of the browser functions are limited to features like text to speech and some work only with MAC operating systems. Some of the web browsers who were once considered as only torchbearers in web exploration have now vanished completely. It’s like the young generation have never heard of that term.
Thus, with so many variables and differences based on which a website behaves and exhibits the web application on different browsers, it is important to perform cross-browser testing when the web application process is finished.
Now you must be wondering what is cross-browser testing?
Well! It is the process of comparing website functionality and its design on various web browsers and platforms to make sure it is consistently functioning well for the user. With the availability of so many browsers, devices, and operating systems, cross-browser testing has become very important in the path of software development. The only purpose of cross-browser testing is to offer constant behavior and familiarity across all devices, platforms, and browsers.
Key Benefits of Cross Browser Testing
As human beings, browsers also interpret things differently and codes are not interpreted similarly in all browsers. Therefore, with cross-browser testing, the form, as well as the functionality of a website, is tested in varied browsers and devices. For example, the CSS styles will appear differently in Internet Explorer 8 and the recent version of IE. The styling and other effects like shadows, fonts, hover stages, as well as image transparencies all, will vary extensively in different browsers. These differences are mostly not possible to solve, but with cross-browser testing, you can make sure that the users have full access to the content and can implement all minimum task on your website without any kind of issues.
Some other benefits of Cross-Browser Testing:
- Identifies which browsers are supporting: It is very important to know which browsers your website is supporting, as it clarifies the limits for your development and where to focus. It also makes you know the kind of technology as well as characteristics that are possible and not possible with your products.
- Satisfied customers and fewer bugs: With cross-browser testing, you are aware of your web functionalities and thus it offers the best possible experience. It might be a difficult task for the development and quality control team, but it helps in covering all browsers and in avoiding any last-minute surprises.
Thus, we can say that with cross-browser testing you are performing vast test coverage, which in turn leads to happy customers, minimum support tickets and more time for you to focus on your product evolution.
- Benefits of Automated Cross-Browser Testing for Online Business
- What is the Importance of Mathematics in Computer Science?
- Importance of Sudo GATE CS Test Series
- Significant Importance of GIS in Driving Analytics
- Design Patterns: Understand The Importance With Real Life Examples
- What is Edge Computing and Its Importance in the Future?
- What is Tableau and its Importance in Data Visualization?
- Importance of Hashing
- Importance of Practical Application In Engineering Programs
- Importance of GATE CSE for tier 3 College Students
- What is Unit Testing and Why Developer Should Learn It ?
- Browser Automation Using Selenium
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server
- Sphere - A Browser for Anonymity
- Difference between Search Engine and Web Browser
- Cookie Tracking and Stealing using Cross-Site Scripting
- Introduction to Kivy ; A Cross-platform Python Framework
- Getting Started with Cross-Platform Mobile Application using Flutter
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.