Wheel Graph using Networkx Python
A wheel graph is a type of graph in which if we connect each node in an n-1 node cycle graph to nth node kept at the centre we get a wheel graph. The definition would be more clear after seeing the example below.
Wheel Graph with n nodes is represented by Wn .
Properties of Wheel Graph:
- Total number of edges are 2(N-1)
- It is a planar graph.
- The diameter of the wheel graph is 2 if n>4 or 1 if n=4.
- It is a kind of Hamiltonian Graph.
- Wheel Graph with n nodes is represented by Wn .
- It is a cyclic graph.
We will use the networkx module for realizing a Wheel graph. It comes with an inbuilt function networkx.wheel_graph() and can be illustrated using the networkx.draw() method. This module in Python is used for visualizing and analyzing different kinds of graphs.
- N: Number of nodes in wheel graph.
- Returns a wheel graph object.
networkx.draw(G, node_size, node_color)
- Used to realize the graph by passing graph object.
- G: It refers to the Wheel graph object
- node_size: It refers to the size of nodes.
- node_color: It refers to color of the nodes.
- We will import the required module network
- We will set the number of nodes or n=5.
- Then we will create a graph object using networkx.wheel_graph(n).
- For realizing the graph, we will use networkx.draw(G).
- This will print the required wheel graph.
As we initialized n=5 the wheel graph with 5 nodes with a cycle graph having 4 nodes and a central node connected to all other nodes is printed using networkx inbuilt draw function.
Please Login to comment...