Generally, compiled programs run faster than interpreted programs because they are first converted native machine code. Also, compilers read and analyze the code only once, and report the errors collectively that the code might have, but the interpreter will read and analyze the code statements each time it meets them and halts at that very instance if there is some error. In practice, the distinction between the two is getting blurred owing to improved computation capabilities of the modern hardware and advanced coding practices.
Some programming languages traditionally used with an explicit compilation step are C, C++.
Applications of Scripting Languages :
1. To automate certain tasks in a program
2. Extracting information from a data set
3. Less code intensive as compared to traditional programming languages
Applications of Programming Languages :
1. They typically run inside a parent program like scripts
2. More compatible while integrating code with mathematical models
3. Languages like JAVA can be compiled and then used on any platform
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.