Many folks consider that they both are same but are they really same?
The Internet is a global network of networks while the Web, also referred formally as World Wide Web (www) is collection of information which is accessed via the Internet. Another way to look at this difference is; the Internet is infrastructure while the Web is service on top of that infrastructure. Alternatively, the Internet can be viewed as a big book-store while the Web can be viewed as collection of books on that store. At a high level, we can even think of the Internet as hardware and the Web as software!
Please do Like/Tweet/G+1 if you find the above useful. Also, please do leave us comment for further clarification or info. We would love to help and learn 🙂
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Difference between Web Content, Web Structure, and Web Usage Mining
- Web 1.0, Web 2.0 and Web 3.0 with their difference
- Internet and Web programming
- The Internet and the Web
- Difference between Web Scraping and Web Crawling
- Difference between Web Browser and Web Server
- Difference between Web Designer and Web Developer
- Difference between Deep Web and Dark Web
- How world-wide-web (www) is different from the Internet ?
- Differences between Web Services and Web API
- Difference between Antivirus and Internet Security
- Difference between Internet and Intranet
- Difference between Serial Line Internet Protocol (SLIP) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- Difference between Network and Internet
- Difference between Wifi and Internet
- Difference between Internet and Extranet
- Difference Between Internet of Things and Artificial Intelligence
- Internet of Things and careers in IoT
- Difference between Static and Dynamic Web Pages
- Difference Between Web server and Application server