As the topic says, we will look into some of the cool feature provided by Python.
Python has a lot of functionality (or say tricks) which makes the language unique from another language such as
1. The Zen of Python
If you type this command on the terminal you will get “The Zen of Python, by Tim Peters” which will help you to improve the readability, usability and maintainability of Python code.
Check out this video for more detail
3. Swapping of two variable in one line
Python provides a cool functionality to swap two variables in one line using something called tuple unpacking which will make your code shorter and easier to read
If you want to dig deeper into this tuple unpacking, I will suggest to check out this blog by trey hunner
4. Create a web server using one line
To create a simple file sharing application go to your folder which you want to share and type the above command then go to your browser and type
to open that folder in your browser, you can use this from other devices also if you are in the same network.
Here is a link to know more about this
5. All Data Structure at one place: Collections
This module has data structures which will help you to solve various real-life problems without writing too much code.
6. Gem of python: Itertools
Itertools is one of the most important standard library available in Python 3 which has a lot of features inbuilt. Itertools provides the functionality to create fast, memory-efficient, and good-looking code.
You will find a lot of useful function in Itertools module, let us look into one the popular one
To learn more about Itertools check-out this link
7. Looping with Index: Enumerate
This is a cool feature which provides the index without having to define any counter for index
8. Reversing a list
The reverse is always the tedious task in any programming language but Python’s built-in reversed() function allows you to create a reverse of a list in one line
For more details check-out this link
9. Adding two lists using Zip
let us say you have two lists and you want to add the elements of that list then python is having a Zip function which will come in handy and give you the result without using a nested loop
Zip operation is popular in Data Science because of the matrix multiplication where Zip can be used to do Row and Column multiplication.
10. List/Set/Dict comprehension
Comprehension provides the easiest way to define any complicated code in one line
let us say you want to square the even number from 1–20
If you use the normal if-else then the code will be like
If using list comprehension, you just have to type a less code
In the same way, dictionary comprehension and set comprehension can be used
11. Modern Dictionary
Python dictionary is so powerful that if you go deeper into python then everything revolves around object and dictionary.
If you want to learn more about the dictionary then check this video, you will learn a lot of important feature of the dictionary
12. Pretty Print
This is the easiest way to print the list and dictionary in a beautiful way by doing
This comes in handy when working with a large dictionary or if you are working with JSON file then you can use pprint to print the JSON file.
13. Use Interactive “_” Operator.
The “_” references to the output of the last executed expression.
On the top of this Python also provides a lot of external libraries which has a better feature than any programming language, I am naming a few of the top library below
After going through all of the cool features, your feeling is like
That’s all about Python from my side, If you have any doubt or you want to add something, please comment below.
If you like my article, you can follow me on
- Visualising ML DataSet Through Seaborn Plots and Matplotlib
- How to make a Google Translation API using Python?
- numpy.linalg.eig() Method in Python
- numpy.linalg.det() Method in Python
- numpy.einsum() Method
- Highlight the minimum value in each column In Pandas
- Reusable piece of python functionality for wrapping arbitrary blocks of code : Python Context Managers
- How to Convert String to Integer in Pandas DataFrame?
- Additive Secret Sharing and Share Proactivization - Using Python
- Common Operations on Fuzzy Set with Example and Code
- Build a COVID19 Vaccine Tracker Using Python
- String manipulations in Pandas DataFrame
- Missing data imputation with fancyimpute
- Add column names to dataframe in Pandas