What is Virtual Agent ?
Virtual agent :
Virtual agent sounds like a human agent, but it is virtual. Actually it is a software product we can say, which has been built upon set of software programs which uses some rules and various artificial intelligence techniques/technology to provide automated service or to provide guidance to humans. Previously there was dedicated people to solve any issues of customers or provide any service to customer. But now these tasks are done by virtual agents.
Some points about Virtual Agent :
- This technology was emerged in the first decade of the 2000s.
- The most common use of virtual agents is done by various organizations i.e. from zoom to Facebook it helps hundreds of companies with automate customer support.
- Some top agents virtual agent are Microsoft power virtual agent.
- Virtual agents have capabilities like conversational interface, intelligent responses, automation features and software integration.
- IVA i.e. Intelligent Virtual Agent are conversational bots.
- IVA mainly used by IT helpdesks, HR ,call centers and finance fields to assist humans and tasks accordingly.
Work Process :
The basic level of virtual agent technology works on preprogrammed scripted models. The organization create scripts according to their requirements that handles virtual agents then the mapping is done on specific request.
Speech recognition, natural language processing, dialog management and machine learning these all solves the whole issues. The virtual agent handles routine tasks where requests meet the predictable response. It creates a real scenario like a customer’s interaction with actual service providing person.
- It expands the round cloud automated service which benefits the customers and employees.
- Better and ensured compliances with proper standards as it follows programmed set of specific action.
- It manages routine and mundane requests which allow human agents to focus on the harder tasks.
- IVAs are now capable of payment collections, cross-selling, upselling, customer acquisition and retention.
Benefits of implementing Virtual Agent :
- Automates repetitive tasks.
- Faster the customer service process.
- Improves customer experience and satisfaction.
- Generates leads.
- 24/7 customer service.
- Cost efficient.
- Drives revenue for business.
- Provides desk to desk service.