What is the need for conservation of mineral resources?
Mineral coffers are the abecedarian material support for socio- profitable progress. Demographic results show that advanced than 95% of the energy used by humankind, 80% of manufacturing raw accouterments, and 70% of raw accouterments for agrarian products are from mineral coffers.
A purely inorganic substance that occurs naturally in the earth’s crust is called a mineral. further than two- thousand minerals have been honored and utmost of these are inorganic, which are formed by the colorful combination of rudiments. nonetheless, a small proportion of the earth’s crust contains organic rudiments, conforming to single rudiments similar as gold, tableware, diamond, and sulfur.
Ways to conserve minerals
Following are many ways to conserve minerals
- Recycling of essence.
- Use of indispensable renewable backups.
- Technology should be advanced to use low-grade ores efficiently.
Minerals are a country’s precious possession that needs to be conserved. The mineral coffers of a country play an essential part in the profitable development of a country. Minerals are a non-renewable resource needed in all spheres of our life for domestic, artificial, and agrarian purposes. Mineral coffers should be conserved because the geological process of mineral conformation is relatively slow due to which the rate of loss is infinitely small whereas the rate of consumption is relatively high. Mineral coffers planted on the earth’s face are limited in number and are exhaustible.
To conserve mineral coffers, the government and its people should borrow colorful styles and ways.
- Mineral coffers can only be conserved if used in a planned and sustainable manner. For illustration recycling essence can help in reducing the consumption of similar minerals.
- By exercising renewable coffers one can conserve mineral coffers. For illustration, coal can be conserved with the application of solar power and hydroelectricity energy. Similar sources of energy will reduce the consumption of coal.
- New technological styles of mining should be espoused. Training miners with the new technological styles would insure minimum destruction of mineral coffers. Mineral coffers are non-renewable coffers.
Use of minerals in a planned and sustainable manner, recycling of essence:
- Use of indispensable renewable backups.
- Clapping the technology so that low-grade ores can be used profitably.
- Byre-using, recovering, and recycling styles, accouterments can be manufactured from minerals, and by replacing other accouterments as well. In numerous cases, the cost of recovering and recovering is much more advanced than continuing to prize and reuse minerals. At hand is a lot of material available on which how essence can be reclaimed and why others aren’t.
- to find out new areas of minerals, one can always do innovative studies for chancing out the locales with the help of rearmost technology. In the case of the Indian ocean bottom, Exploration and mining may yield a good tip.
- To reduce transport costs, processing shops should always be carpeted in mining areas. For weighty accouterments like coal, it’s better to convert it into coking coal or in electricity near the hole heads.
- People can conserve mineral coffers by exercising renewable coffers. For illustration, using hydroelectricity and solar power as sources of energy may conserve mineral coffers similar to coal.
- There’s a great compass for the expansion of several mineral-grounded diligence which opens a new outlook for profitable development.
- Mineral coffers may also be conserved through recycling. A good illustration is the recycling of scrap essence.
- One should make use of new technological styles of mining. Training of miners can be veritably helpful in conserving mineral coffers by icing minimum destruction during the mining. Fore. g. minerals include iron, canvas, bobby, swab, gold, and lead.
- Negotiation is one of the important ways to conserve some minerals. One can substitute generous coffers for scarce bones. Mineral coffers that bear a small quantum of power during refining, similar to aluminum, should be reclaimed.
- We know that refining conditioning and mining always have negative goods on the terrain. It includes the destruction of niche land, air, and water pollution. These negative impacts can be minimized through the conservation of mineral coffers.
- Transnational relations suffer between nations because of mineral coffers. In the nations, where mineral coffers have been discovered, fiscal prudence has been bettered expressively. For illustration, Africa and UAE are the canvas-producing countries that are well- allowed- out rich. The main reason is the earnings generated from canvas and its products.
Question 1: Explain natural gas and what are its benefits?
Natural gas is a significant energy source. It is a significant clean energy resource that may be found in conjunction with or without petroleum. It is also employed in the petrochemical sector as an industrial raw material.
Its benefits are :
- Natural gas is a clean-burning fuel.
- It emits less carbon dioxide during operation.
- It is increasingly being used to replace polluting fuels.
Natural gas deposits of significant size have been identified in the Krishna-Godavari basin.
Question 2: Why does India have the potential for wind energy development? Which locations in India are wind energy sources?
India has a large coastline with potential for wind energy development. Windy locations near the beach can be developed with wind turbines.
Wind energy or windmills may be found at the following locations in India:
- Wind Farm Cluster in Tamil Nadu, stretching from Nagercoil to Madurai.
- Wind Power Plants in Gujarat, Kerala, Maharashtra, Lakshadweep, and Andhra Pradesh.
- Jaisalmer Wind Farm
Question 3: Is there a compelling need in India to use renewable energy sources? Explain?
Because of the following reasons, there is a rising need to increase the usage of renewable energy sources:
- Conventional or nonrenewable energy sources are rapidly depleting, and we are more reliant on petroleum and natural gas imports to satisfy our demands.
- Because renewable energy sources do not pollute the environment when used, we must shift to using more of them in order to protect our ecosystem.
- Non-traditional sources of energy are less expensive to utilize than conventional ones, hence we should adopt renewable energy sources to save money.