The following points list the common ones.
Both methods are used to add the elements to the array.
- Both methods change the length of the array by the number of elements added to the array.
- Both methods are used to increase the length of the array.
- Both unshift() and push() are the in-built methods of the object array.
- Both method changes the original array.
- Both method returns the newly added element.
Difference between Unshift() and Push():
The little difference is that unshift() method adds the element at 0 index and all the values get shifted by 1 by ultimately returning the length of the array. The push() method returns the last element adding a new element from the last index.
Example: Below is the example of Array unshift() method.
Example 2: Below is the example of Array push() method.