Let us first discuss about these terms:
- Declarations are used to declare components, directives, pipes that belongs to the current module.
- Everything inside declarations knows each other.
- Declarations are used to make directives (including components and pipes) from the current module available to other directives in the current module.
- Selectors of directives, components or pipes are only matched against the HTML if they are declared or imported.
- Providers are used to make services and values known to dependency injection.
- They are added to the root scope and they are injected to other services or directives that have them as dependency.
- Imports makes the exported declarations of other modules available in the current module.
- It is used to import supporting modules likes FormsModule, RouterModule, CommonModule etc.
|Declarations are used to make directives.||Providers are used to make services.||Imports makes the exported declarations of other modules available in the current module.|
|Used to declare components, directives, pipes that belongs to the current module.||Used to inject the services required by components, directives, pipes in our module.||Used to import supporting modules likes FormsModule, RouterModule, etc.|
|Ex. AppComponent.||Ex. StateService.||Ex. BrowserModule.|
Defined in Declarations array in @NgModule
declarations: [ ],
Defined in Providers array in @NgModule.
providers: [ ],
Defined in imports array in @NgModule.
An example in which all three declarations, imports and providers are used:
The providers used in this project is custom service named UserService.
ng g s User
This UserService is used as provider in app.module.ts.
- What is entryComponents in angular ngModule ?
- Difference between declarations and entryComponents in AngularJS
- Difference between node.js require and ES6 import and export
- ES6 | Import and Export
- Import and Export in Node.js
- Why import star in Python is a bad idea
- Different ways to import csv file in Pandas
- CSS | @import rule
- What is the best way to include CSS file? Why use @import?
- import command in Linux with Examples
- How to import Google Fonts in HTML ?
- SASS | @import
- How to import config.php file in a PHP script ?
- How to Import another TypeScript Files ?
- How to import SASS through npm ?
- How to import LESS through npm ?
- How to import data from .CSV file into MySQL table using Node.js ?
- Difference Between DOS and Windows
- Difference Between Apache Kafka and Apache Flume
- Difference Between HTML and ASP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : bunnyram19