Cryptography is defined as providing means of solution for protecting and controlling data where ever it exists. whenever the cryptography is used, the risk in the content of data is transferred to cryptographic keys used to protect the data.
Need For Cryptography In Cloud
- Scalable, Automated fast: It allows us to determine the level of granularity that is used to encrypt data. It set keys to automatically rotate regularly and using a new primary version every time to encrypt data and limit the scope of data accessible with any single key version.
- Great Management over key use: Manage Cloud Integrated Access Management permissions (IAM) for user-level permissions on every individual key and also grant access to both individual users and service accounts.
- Easy Encrypt and sign-in data: Cloud hosted Key Management Service(KMS) gives users the flexibility to encrypt data with the use of either a symmetric or asymmetric key that is controlled by the user. It also helps users to perform sign-in operations with both RSA and elliptic curve keys of various lengths.
Thales Cloud key management solution is used to control the keys and thereby make the sensitive data and the workloads in the cloud to run securely. This encryption and key management in the cloud can provide the same high-level protection as if it were fully on-premises and thereby, making organizations to reach new levels of efficiency and security.
Thales Cloud Key Management Solutions
- Thales Network HSMs: In this Network Hardware Security Module (HSMs) provides highly assured protection to the cryptographic keys used by applications across cloud-enabled and on-premises environments. With the use of Thales Network HSMs, organizations can protect the entire key life cycles on a centralized platform and leverage a single point of audit for cryptographic keys.
High Assurance Hardware Security Module: It secures sensitive data and critical applications on the cloud by storing, protecting, and managing the cryptographic keys in Luna Network Hardware Security Modules (HSMs) which have high-assurance, tamper-resistant character and network-attached appliances offering market-leading performance.
- Thales Crypto Command Center: With Thales Crypto Command center, Thales HSMs from one secure location can be easily provision and monitor. This makes it easy to deliver on-demand elastic key vaulting and encryption services for data protection in a minute and maintaining full control over encryption and data, moreover clearly defining key ownership across IT infrastructure.
Features of Thales Key Management Solution
- Strong Key Encryption Security: It provides Security of Vormetric Data Security Manager to create keys and store them with FIPS 140-2 security. It can control full key metadata control during upload and for keys.
- True Multi-cloud Support: Key Management as a Service keeps you in control of encrypted data with the use of Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Stack, Microsoft Azure, and Salesforce.com.
- Automated Key Rotation: Keys are marked for automated key rotation on a per-cloud schedule with the use of API requests.
- Comprehensive Key Management: It is meant to deploy Key Management as a Service with any number of keys already created at your cloud provider.
- Federated User Access to Key Management: It is used to access a full range of logs and reports for fast compliance reporting.
- Supported Cloud Providers :
- Microsoft Azure, Microsoft Azure Stack, Microsoft Office 365
- Amazon Web Service
- Key Security:
- FIPS 140-2 compliant
- Authentication Integration:
- Microsoft Azure: Integration of OAuth Federation
- Salesforce: OAuth Federation
- Amazon Web Services: Key and Secret
Benefits of Thales Key Management Solution
- Protect data Anywhere: Thales data protection solutions prevent unwanted access to keys on protected data, and thereby also the data that is protected by those keys, no matter the environment, is kept protected even by third-party cloud infrastructure providers.
- Complete Control: This complete control enables you to own and control encryption keys in any environment to assure to have complete control on keys, and therefore the data too. This is used to achieve and maintain compliance with mandates such as PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard).
- Cloud agnostic: It supports many deployment scenarios, starting from on-premises data centers to private, hybrid, public, and multi-cloud environments. Thales key cryptography provides a tremendous amount of flexibility because enables customers to move keys in and out of cloud environments.
- Scalability: Scalability provides means to the organization and its developers to optimize its infrastructure without any need to customize applications to support a multi-cloud deployment scenario.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important CS Theory concepts for SDE interviews with the CS Theory Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.