Knowing about PERN Stack Components:
- PostgreSQL (Object-Relational Database)
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) with an emphasis on extensibility and standards compliance that uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that safely store and scale the most complicated data workloads. PostgreSQL is ACID-compliant, transactional, that stores the data in the tabular format and uses constraints, triggers, roles, stored procedures and views as the core components.
Why use PostgreSQL?
- Free and open source.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Highly extensible.
- Protects data integrity.
- Builds fault-tolerant environments.
- Robust access-control system
- Supports international characters.
- Apple uses PostgreSQL!
- Creating students table
CREATE TABLE students (id INT, name VARCHAR (100));
- Inserting a record into students table
INSERT INTO students VALUES (1, 'Geeks');
- Reading records from the students table
SELECT * FROM students;
- Updating records in students table
UPDATE students SET name="GeeksforGeeks" WHERE id = 1;
- Deleting records from students table
DELETE FROM students WHERE id = 1;
- Express (Back-End Framework)
It is a web application framework for Node.js. Being a free and open software, it is used for building web applications and specially APIs. Express provides a thin layer of fundamental web application features, without obscuring Node.js features that you already know.
Why use Express?
- Provides a robust set of features for both web and mobile applications
- Makes back-end code easier and simpler to write.
- Supports many middleware.
- Minimal and Flexible web application framework.
- Creating efficient and robust API is quick and easy.
- Allows you to define an error handling middleware.
- React (Front-End Library)
Why use React?
- Virtual DOM in ReactJS makes user experience better and developer’s work faster
- It guarantees stable code.
- React allows its components to be reused saving time and effort.
- Provides high performance.
- Provide the feature of Virtual DOM.
- SEO friendly!
- Provides event-driven and asynchronous features which makes it lightweight and efficient.
- No buffering and thus, is very fast.
- Highly Scalable.
- Highly extensible.
- Provides advantage of caching.
- Handles thousands of concurrent connections with a single server.
- Provides vast number of libraries.
- Print PHP Call Stack
- How to Become a Full Stack Web Developer in 2019 : A Complete Guide
- What is full stack development ?
- PHP | Ds\Stack Functions Complete Reference
- p5.js | Pop Operation in Stack
- p5.js | Push Operation on Stack
- PHP | Ds\Stack capacity() Function
- PHP | Ds\Stack allocate() Function
- PHP | Ds\Stack count() Function
- PHP | Ds\Stack __construct() Function
- How to choose a Technology Stack for Web Application Development ?
- MERN Stack
- Introduction to MEAN Stack
- How to stack elements in CSS ?
- JHipster (Java Hipster) - A Full Stack Web Development Platform for the Modern Developer
- D3.js stack() method
- D3.js stack.keys() Method
- D3.js stack.order() Method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : bunnyram19