What is PERN Stack?
Knowing about PERN Stack Components:
- PostgreSQL (Object-Relational Database)
PostgreSQL is a powerful, open source object-relational database management system (ORDBMS) with an emphasis on extensibility and standards compliance that uses and extends the SQL language combined with many features that safely store and scale the most complicated data workloads. PostgreSQL is ACID-compliant, transactional, that stores the data in the tabular format and uses constraints, triggers, roles, stored procedures and views as the core components.
Why use PostgreSQL?
- Free and open source.
- Available in multiple languages.
- Highly extensible.
- Protects data integrity.
- Builds fault-tolerant environments.
- Robust access-control system
- Supports international characters.
- Apple uses PostgreSQL!
- Creating students table
CREATE TABLE students (id INT, name VARCHAR (100));
- Inserting a record into students table
INSERT INTO students VALUES (1, 'Geeks');
- Reading records from the students table
SELECT * FROM students;
- Updating records in students table
UPDATE students SET name="GeeksforGeeks" WHERE id = 1;
- Deleting records from students table
DELETE FROM students WHERE id = 1;
- Express (Back-End Framework)
It is a web application framework for Node.js. Being a free and open software, it is used for building web applications and specially APIs. Express provides a thin layer of fundamental web application features, without obscuring Node.js features that you already know.
Why use Express?
- Provides a robust set of features for both web and mobile applications
- Makes back-end code easier and simpler to write.
- Supports many middleware.
- Minimal and Flexible web application framework.
- Creating efficient and robust API is quick and easy.
- Allows you to define an error handling middleware.
- React (Front-End Library)
Why use React?
- Virtual DOM in ReactJS makes user experience better and developer’s work faster
- It guarantees stable code.
- React allows its components to be reused saving time and effort.
- Provides high performance.
- Provide the feature of Virtual DOM.
- SEO friendly!
- Provides event-driven and asynchronous features which makes it lightweight and efficient.
- No buffering and thus, is very fast.
- Highly Scalable.
- Highly extensible.
- Provides advantage of caching.
- Handles thousands of concurrent connections with a single server.
- Provides vast number of libraries.
My Personal Notes arrow_drop_up
Please Login to comment...