Open Data-Link Interface (ODI) was introduced by Novell and Apple. It is used to define the communication mechanism between the network interface card (NIC) drivers and network protocols. It is a software interface that allows different Data-Link Layer protocols to share the same driver or adapter on a computer. It resides in Layer 2, the Data Link layer, of the OSI model. Open Data-link Interface (ODI) allows multiple NICs to be bound to multiple protocols.
For ex. TCP/IP and IPX/SPX are the different protocol of data link layer by using ODI they can share the same device adapter.
- Framing in Data Link Layer
- Cisco Discovery Protocol (CDP) and Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) in Data Link Layer
- Design Issues in Data Link Layer
- Data Link Layer Communication Protocols in IoT
- Difference between Hard link and Soft link
- Difference Between High-level Data Link Control (HDLC) and Point-to-Point Protocol (PPP)
- How to disable a link using only CSS?
- What is the use of “#” symbol in link URL ?
- HTML | DOM Link Object
- Link State Advertisement (LSA)
- HTTP headers | Link
- What is ISL(Inter-Switch Link)?
- How to make a call-able link using HTML ?
- Inter-Switch Link (ISL) and IEEE 802.1Q
- Redundant Link problems in Computer Network
- How to make PDF file downloadable in HTML link using PHP ?
- TCP with explicit link failure notification (TCP-ELFN)
- How to create an HTML button that acts like a link?
- How to make whole row in a table clickable as link in Bootstrap ?