What are web stacks?
Firstly let us understand what is a stack, if you are familiar with web development or full-stack development you might have come across the terms MEAN, MERN, LAMP, etc. These are web application stacks consisting of a bundle of software and frameworks used for building a web application from front-end to back-end and make them fully functional. A stack usually consists of database software, back-end or front-end technology, a particular Operating system(Sometimes back-end technologies are cross-platform hence no particular OS), a web-server.
What is MEVN?
MEVN is again a web stack just like MERN and MEAN though it is relatively new as the front-end technology used in it which is Vue.JS. That is the only difference in MEAN, MERN, MEVN that the front-end technology used in each of these stacks is different.
In MEVN, we use Vue.JS another open-source framework for building user interfaces. Vue is fast, easy to learn but as it is newer the community support is relatively less which is one downside of VueJS.
Advantages of VueJS:
- It is platform-independent.
- MVC architecture in the back-end organizes the server-side and hence back-end development becomes faster and more efficient.
- Vue.JS is faster and easy to learn.
Disadvantages of VueJS:
- Vue.JS is a new framework hence it doesn’t have the support of a large community. It is still growing.
- Lack of plugins as Vue is still not as big as Angular or React.