Western Digital(SanDisk) Interview Experience for FTE+intern (On-Campus)
CGPA – 7.5 and above(No constraints on backlog)
Branches allowed-CS, IS, EEE, EC
Roles Offered-Firmware Developer, Firmware Validation
CTC offered- 19.15 LPA
The test contained 4 sections. The first section was general aptitude. The second section was on C and CPP. The third section contained questions on the operating system and the fourth section contained electronics-related questions.
About 30 out of 200 were shortlisted for interview
Round 1:(1 hour)
I was asked 5 coding questions which I had to write and run in the editor.
The 5 coding questions are,
1. Write a code in c to return the maximum product of two numbers of an array in O(n) time?
Test case 1-array=[1,4,5,5].output=25(5x5) Test case 2-array=[-3,-2,5,1].output=6(-3x-2)
2. You are given an array of 0s and 1s. How can you modify the array such that the array contains all the zeros first and then the ones? What if the array contains 0s,1s, and 2s? Write the code in c for both.
Test case 1-array=[0,1,1,0,1,0,1,0,1,1,1,1,1,0,0,1,1,1,0,1].output=[0,0,0,0,0,0,0,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1,1]
3. Write a code in c to reverse a negative number?
4. You are given a string. Modify the string such that the string contains only vowels and delete all consonants. Write code in c?
Test case 1-string="Ruthvick". output = "ui".
5. Write a code in c to find the sum of all subarrays of the array in O(n) time?
Test case 1-array=[1,2,3].output=163 Explaination-1+(12)+(2)+(123)+(23)+(3)=164
In the end, he asked me for a puzzle. I don’t remember the question.
I answered all coding questions and got output. I did not answer the puzzle properly. I was selected for the second round. About 15 people were selected
Round 2:(1 hour)
In this round, most questions were based on the operating systems and computer architecture.
I remember some questions
1. Illustrations for semaphore?
2. A problem based on virtual memory
3. What is structure padding?
4. What are interrupts?
5. How do you find 64%2 using bitwise operators? (answer=(64 & (63)))
6. Some questions which were asked in test were also asked.
7. Questions on resume, projects
Many such questions were asked. I remember only these. I answered almost all. I was selected for the next round. About 7 people were selected.
Round 3:(1 hour)
This round was a mixture of technical and managerial.
Again some questions based on coding, operating system, and computer architecture were asked.
1. What is volatile memory?
2. I’m from EEE background. So he asked some questions based on my branch
3. 2 puzzles were asked. I don’t remember them
4. What is dangling pointer?
5. Basic memory based questions
6. Managerial questions
About 5 people were selected for next round. I was one of them
Round 4:(1 hour)
This round was HR round.
This round was casual. The HR was very friendly. After some point, we started conversing in Kannada.
1. What is your weakness and strength?
2. Where do you want to see yourself after 5 years?
3. Which is your favorite university for MS education?
Finally,4 people were selected for both internship and full-time. I was one of them. I was selected as Firmware Developer.
I had only 4 rounds, others had 5 rounds.
Tips – Don’t give up when questions that you have never heard of being asked. Try to think and answer whatever you feel about the approach. GFG is the best platform for preparations. Prepare on daily basis. Nothing can be done overnight. Also, try to look for a developer role rather than a testing role. I feel you will have good growth in the development role. Wait for your opportunity. Until then, Don’t lose hope. ALL THE BEST.
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. To complete your preparation from learning a language to DS Algo and many more, please refer Complete Interview Preparation Course. In case you are prepared, test your skills using TCS, Wipro, Amazon. Google , E-Litmus and Microsoft Test Serieses.