Western Digital Interview Experience for FTE+Intern | On-Campus
Western Digital visited my campus in August 2021 and offered Internship+Placement offers to the students. We had a total of 5 Rounds.
ROUND 1: Online Coding Round
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
This was an online coding round that was a mix of coding questions. aptitude questions, C/C++ questions and OS concepts. The duration of the test was 1 hour. While the questions were easy, one needed to be quick as there were many questions.
25 students were selected for the Interview Round.
ROUND 2: First Technical Round
This round lasted for about 45min to 1 hour and focused on judging the coding skills and fundamentals of the students.
Questions that were asked-
- Tell me about yourself
- Write a program to check if a number is prime
- Write a program to check if a number is a palindrome (With these two coding questions he wanted to check if I knew how to code and if my code worked for edge cases)
- The question was a variation of toggling Kth bit of a binary number ( https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/toggling-k-th-bit-number/ )
- What are the storage classes in C
- Asked a number of questions on the Pre Placement Talk that was held before the OT
- Conceptual questions regarding C/C++
ROUND 3: Second Technical Round
This round lasted for 45min. The interviewer asked questions about my CV throughout the interview. Since I had used Python in my projects I was asked a lot of questions on that
- Difference between range and xrange
- Different python data structures
- Difference between dictionary and ordered dictionary
I was asked to write a code that would reverse the words in a string and this was followed by a discussion on my previous internships and projects and the tools that I used to develop them.
ROUND 4: Technical+ Managerial Round
This was the shortest technical round.
- Fundamentals of OOPS
- Constructors and destructors
- Method Overriding and inheritance
- Coding question: Find the longest prefix in a list
ROUND 5: HR Interview
This round was pretty long and lasted for about 1 hour 15 min. The interviewer asked very basically and common HR interview questions, but she expected well-thought answers and was looking for consistency among these answers. Displaying good communication skills really helped me through this round.
At the end of the interview process, 6 students were selected.