Western Digital Internship Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021 (Virtual)
Western Digital visited IGDTUW for hiring interns for the role of Firmware Development. There were a total of 3 rounds.
Round 1 (Online Round): It was an Online Aptitude Test with a total of 45 questions to be done in 45 mins. There were 4 sections 1) Aptitude – 15 questions, 2) C/C++ Programming – 10 questions, 3) DS and OS concepts – 10 questions, 4) Electronics – 10 questions. All sections were mandatory. The marking scheme was +1 for every correct answer and a -0.25 penalty for every wrong answer.
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
Round 2 (Technical Round – 1 hour 15 minutes): My interview was scheduled for 45 mins but it went for 1 hour 15 minutes. It started with a brief introduction about myself, then the interviewer asked me questions from my resume like about my projects and hobbies. After this, the following questions were asked:
- What are pointers? He asked me to explain them along with the code.
- Difference between structure and unions and their code implementation.
- Question – Bit manipulation – Write a code to replace the 3rd bit in a binary number 10100 such that the answer is 10000.
Given x = 10100 Take a = 00100 as we have to switch the third bit. Now ~a = 11011 x AND a = 10100 & 11011 = 10000 ans.
- What is selection sort?
- What is call by value and call by reference?
- He then asked me to code the following program of Linked List – https://leetcode.com/problems/odd-even-linked-list/
- Why we use the C language in hardware programming?
- In the end, he gave me a puzzle – https://www.geeksforgeeks.org/puzzle-12-maximize-probability-of-white-ball/
Round 3 (Technical + HR round – 45 mins): It again started with a brief introduction and discussion about my projects. Then the interviewer asked me:
- About my technical and non-technical skills.
- He again discussed the coding question I did in the last interview.
- What is a circular queue? How it is implemented? He then asked me about traversal and deletion in a circular queue.
- What are scheduling algorithms in OS?
- How many programming languages I have worked on? How would I rate myself in C/C++ (out of 10)?
- Then he asked what it is to be a part of a team?
- What do I know about the company?
Tips for preparing for Western Digital
- Practice coding in C language.
- Have a good understanding of Linked Lists.
- Remember the corporate values of WD: Think big, Do it together, Make it happen.