Wells Fargo Interview Experience | On-Campus 2021
Round 1: Online Test on AMCAT
It had three sections:
Hey geek! It's time to become a success story instead of reading them. Check out our most renowned DSA Self Paced Course, now at a student-friendly price and become industry ready. And if you are looking for a more complete interview preparation resource, check out Complete Interview Preparation Course that will prepare you for the SDE role of your dreams!
Feeling prepared enough for your interview? Test your skills with our Test Series that will help you prepare for top companies like Amazon, Microsoft, TCS, Wipro, Google and many more!
- English Very Simple
- Business Aptitude – Race against time
- Coding 2 Questions( Josephus problem and Leetcode 587 )
26 Selected out of 70+
Round 2: Technical Interview Round 1
Questions from the project.
- Number of nodes when the height of the complete binary tree is given,
- Swap two numbers without temp variable (bitwise)
- Print Longest Palindromic Substring (DP)
- Given a sorted array, find the correct place for a given number (binary search)
- Database questions that I didn’t know (what are views, what is cursor)
- DBMS questions that I did know ( Difference between 3NF and 2NF)
- OOPs (Simple Definitions)
17 people were forwarded to the next round.
Round 3: Managerial Discussion
- Discussed my internship.
- Why did you use NoSQL? what is the difference between SQL/NoSQL?
- ACID properties. She was ramping up to asking CAP theorem, I gave her a gist of the theorem without taking the name, and she explained the theorem to me.
- Scenario-based Data structures usage (Easy)
- Discussed other projects
- Why are new languages moving on to single-threaded systems – I said I didn’t know the answer but I’ll try to gain insights from what I know, and I talked about how JS is single-threaded but still does async functions using the event loop (“What the heck is the event loop anyway?” on youtube).
- Multithreading in Java, implementation( code not necessary, concepts should be clear)
- She asked whether I knew C, C++, Python (I had to say no to all three)
- Then she asked whether I had questions and I asked them.
8 People were selected for the next round which wasn’t eliminatory.
Round 3: HR Round, phone call
- How was the day?
- Discussed CTC breakup.
- Discussed Relocation
Tips: Know yourself before any interview. Be calm & answer politely.