DAY 1 – Online Test:
It consisted of 3 sections :
- English: Easy grammar and vocabulary questions, replacing a word and passage-based questions.
- Business: Pretty lengthy Graph-based questions on stocks, shares, and case studies
- Coding: There were 2 questions. One of them was Count number of bits to be flipped to convert A to B
DAY 2 – Technical Interview: It was a 45-min round held on Zoom call. I was first asked to give a brief academic introduction and state my weaknesses. Then a few technical questions including:
- The complete concept of Object-Oriented Programming
- Mechanism of Multiple Inheritance
- Difference between interface and abstract class
- DBMS conceptual questions
- Difference between inner join and outer join
- Normalization in DBMS
Then I was given 2 array questions to code. I had a choice to opt for any IDE I was comfortable with. In the end, I was asked if I had any questions for the interviewer.
Managerial Interview: This was a 30-min round. I was told to brief about my resume and experiences after which I was asked questions on application and website development. A few topics in tree and graph data structures and memory management were also asked. The round ended with some DBMS related technical questions.
A few of them are:
- Difference between structured and unstructured databases
- What does an application’s vulnerability mean?
- Explain the stability and resilience of an application
- What is a developer’s part in making a robust application?
- How can 2 or more applications or websites interact
- Explanation about web servers
This round was difficult compared to the previous interview round but I managed to keep up the pace with the harder questions with whatever basic knowledge I had about them.
HR Round: It was quite a brief non-technical round. It started with a 2-min introduction. Then I was then asked about my strengths, weaknesses, and a few questions on my resume. It was basically a screening of my confidence level and communication skills.
This was the end of my interview process. A few hours later I was informed that I was selected for the internship.