WE Program by TalentSprint and Google
What is the WE Program?
The Women Engineer or WE program is a 2-year interactive program organized by Talentsprint and supported by Google. It aims at identifying young women’s talent and developing them into highly competent professionals for the global tech industry. This program provides necessary guidance to women with a competitive learning environment and promotes socio-economic diversity and inclusion. The program is basically for women who wish to pursue their career in software engineering. The 1st cohort of the program was launched in the year 2019, in which the 3rd and 4th-year engineering females participated. The 2nd cohort was applicable for 1st year engineering girls. This year the 3rd cohort is held entirely online due to Covid-19. The top 500 female applicants got selected as WE scholars.
Who should apply for this program?
- The applicant should identify as female
- Should be studying in the first year of Engineering
- Pursuing CS/IT/ECE/EEE or equivalent branch and should be keen to identify and unlock the full potential
When to apply for the program?
Every year, the applications are open for the WE Program around mid-February tentatively. This year, the applications opened on 1st March 2021.
What are the selection criteria?
The first two cohorts had a rigorous four-stage selection process. But this year, the 3rd cohort had only a three-stage selection process.
- Firstly, we had to submit our application with our details and required documents. Then the selected applicants were invited for the online aptitude test. It consisted of moderate to difficult level logical reasoning & analytical questions to be solved in one hour.
- The selected candidates were invited for the English language test. This test examined our comfort and ease in using the English language as it is the medium of communication during the entire program.
- After clearing the first two rounds, we had an online coding round. For this round, we were guided for two weeks by the WE program mentors. They conducted sessions to teach us the basics of programming and cleared our doubts in the doubts sessions. We were also provided the study material & recorded video lectures to prepare well for the coding round. We had a choice to choose the programming language in which we want to write the Coding test. The test included questions to examine our programming skills. The questions required a thorough understanding of the concepts and revolved around predicting the output of a code snippet and writing codes for the given problem statements. After these three stages, the top 500 candidates got selected as WE scholars.
What is the fee and scholarship of this program?
This year the fee for the WE Program is ₨ 3 lakh. Each selected candidate in cohort-3 got a minimum scholarship of 25% of the total amount. The candidates can also bag up to 100% scholarships depending on their performance in the tests in the above-mentioned stages of selection.
How will you know if you get selected?
Once you have successfully cleared all the stages of the selection process, you will receive the final selection status on your registered email address.