The wcsrtombs() function converts wide character to multibyte string. This function converts the wide character string represented by *src to corresponding multibyte character string and is stored in the character array pointed to by dest if dest is not null. A maximum of len characters are written to dest.
size_t wcsrtombs( char* dest, const wchar_t** src, size_t len, mbstate_t* ps )
Parameters: The function accepts four mandatory parameters which are described below:
- dest : Pointer to an array of char elements long enough to store a string of max bytes
- src : Pointer to a wide string to be translated
- len : Maximum number of bytes available in dest array
- ps : Pointer to the conversion state object
Return value : The function returns two value as below:
- On success it returns the number of bytes written to dest(not including the eventual terminating null character)
- If some error occurs then -1 is returned and errno is set to EILSEQ.
Below programs illustrate the above function:
Number of multibyte characters = 12 Multibyte characters written = Geekforgeeks
Number of multibyte characters = 14 Multibyte characters written = This website i
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- fma() function in C++
- arc function in C
- div() function in C++
- log() function in C++
- exp() function C++
- map emplace_hint() function in C++ STL
- map erase() function in C++ STL
- map find() function in C++ STL
- map count() function in C++ STL
- map lower_bound() function in C++ STL
- scalbln() function in C++ STL
- set insert() function in C++ STL
- set upper_bound() function in C++ STL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.