The wcsncmp() function in C/C++ compare characters of two wide strings. The comparison is done lexicographically. This function takes three arguments lhs, rhs and count. It compares the contents of lhs and rhs lexicographically upto a maximum of count wide characters.
Note: The behaviour of wcsncmp() is undefined if either of lhs or rhs do not point to null terminated wide strings.
int wcsncmp( const wchar_t* lhs, const wchar_t* rhs, size_t count )
Parameter :The function accepts three mandatory parameters which are described below:
- lhs : String to be compared
- rhs : String to be compared
- count : Maximum number of characters to compare
Return value: The function returns three value as below:
- Positive value: if the first differing character in lhs is greater than the corresponding character in rhs.
- Negative value: if the first differing character in lhs is less than the corresponding character in rhs.
- Zero: if the characters compared in both the strings form the same string.
Below programs illustrate the above function:
Program 1 :
First 4 characters of are same geekGgeek precedes geekforgeeks
Program 2 :
First 5 characters of are same First 8 characters of are same
- Function Overloading vs Function Overriding in C++
- What happens when a virtual function is called inside a non-virtual function in C++
- div() function in C++
- exp() function C++
- log() function in C++
- fma() function in C++
- arc function in C
- strrev() function in C
- iswdigit() function in C/C++
- array at() function in C++ STL
- iswspace() function in C/C++
- strtol() function in C++ STL
- array get() function in C++ STL
- strtod() function in C/C++
- unordered_multiset end() function in C++ STL
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.