Waterfall Chart in Tableau
In this article, we will learn how to illustrate Waterfall Chart in Tableau and further operate on it.
- Tableau: Tableau is a very powerful data visualization tool that can be used by data analysts, scientists, statisticians, etc. to visualize the data and get a clear opinion based on the data analysis. Tableau is very famous as it can take in data and produce the required data visualization output in a very short time.
- Waterfall Chart: The cumulative histogram is a histogram in which the vertical axis gives not just the counts for a single bin, but rather gives the counts for that bin plus all bins for smaller values of the response variable.
Dataset used in the given examples is Dataset.
Steps to illustrate a Waterfall Chart in Tableau:
1. Open Tableau tool and connect a dataset into it.
2. Drag and drop the one sheet of connected dataset.
3. Click on Sheet1 to open the tableau worksheet.
4. On clicking Sheet1 you will get whole dataset attributes on left side and a worksheet for work.
5. To draw a waterfall chart we have draw a bar chart, convert to Gantt Chart, form negative axis and apply it to make chart like waterfall.
- Make it running and convert to Gantt Chart
- Form a negative valued new field and apply on size
- Apply other marks for better look (optional)
Share your thoughts in the comments
Please Login to comment...