Image Format describes how an image data is being stored. Different image formats have different merits and demerits. There are around 7 most common image formats which are used in different cases.
For example – The advantage of JPEG format is that it supports 24-bit color with up to 16 million colors. Thus, having high resolution. While PNG format have Low Resolution.
Image file formats :
3. TIFF(.tif or.tiff)
Note: To study in detail about Image Formats refer – Image Formats Article.
We can convert one image format to another using Wand library in Python using
wand.image.format = 'final_format'
In output, we will get an image with name
koala.jpeg with jpeg image format.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Wand selective_blur() function in Wand python
- Convert an image into jpg format using Pillow in Python
- Wand image - Baseimage.kuwahara() function in Python
- Wand image.emboss in Python
- Wand image.edge function in Python
- Wand image.despeckle() in Python
- Wand - Create empty image with background
- Python - Image() function in Wand
- Wand Pseudo Image - Python
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Convert the column type from string to datetime format in Pandas dataframe
- Mahotas - Labelled Image from the Normal Image
- Converting an image to ASCII image in Python
- PyQt5 – How to get cropped square image from rectangular image ?
- PyQt5 – How to create circular image from any image ?
- Mahotas - Reconstructing image from transformed Daubechies wavelet image
- Multi-Label Image Classification - Prediction of image labels
- Image processing with Scikit-image in Python
- Image-to-Image Translation using Pix2Pix
- PyQtGraph – Getting Image Item of Image View
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.