Walmart Labs Interview Questions July 2019
There were 1 coding round and 4 F2F interviews. This was for Software Developer Position at the Bangalore Office. Each round was an elimination round.
Coding Round :
We were presented with a set of 5 DS/Algo questions and were asked to implement 3 questions from them. We were expected to write the Full Function Code with test cases.
Question 1 https://www.codechef.com/problems/ONEKING
Problem Solving Round 1 :
I was asked about the projects I had been involved in and the technologies I have worked with. The interviewer went onto explain his projects and the team he works in.
I was asked 2 DS/Algo questions in this round was told to write the full function code for both of them. Make sure you prepare Time and Space Complexity properly.
I was able to solve and code both of them. Tip: – Don’t rush into solutions. Take your time to think about all the edge cases and then proceed with your solution.
Problem Solving Round 2:
I was asked 2 DS/Algo questions in this round. I was asked to write full code for the 1st question and pseudo code for the 2nd.
I was able to solve the 1st question completely and explained my approach for the 2nd one. Due to time constraints, I wasn’t able to write the code, but the Interviewer was very impressed with the way I approached it. Tip: – Even if you are not able to code, make sure you try and explain your approach.
I was asked to Design a Logging System
We have a Java Application that is continuously running and generating logs of different severity? ?Info, Warning, Debug, etc.
Level 1- Information Logs
Level 2 – Warning (Will Contain both Warning and Info Logs)
Level 3 – Debug (Will Contain Debug Logs in addition to Level 2 )
We have a configuration file that has some rules for the actions to be taken depending on the type of Log we encounter.
Info Logs – Print on Console.
Debug Logs – Write to a File.
I was first asked a High-Level Design of the entire system. An abstract view of the entire system. Various components and how they interact with each other.
Since Debug Logs contains Info Logs, How do we make sure we don’t maintain duplicate entries while dealing with all the logs.? Since we need to write the Debug Logs to a file, how can we efficiently manage the File Write operations? Which data structure would best be suited for this? , etc.
Tip – Make sure you try and clarify all the doubts upfront and understand the question clearly before you proceed with your design. Remember there is no right or wrong answer to a Design Question. It’s either good design or a bad design. Make sure you don’t keep quiet, try and keep discussing your approach with the interviewer.
I wasn’t able to qualify for the next round. !!
Prepare all the data structures well. Dynamic Programming seems to be one of their favorite topics. Try reading about how systems are designed. Clear your concepts on Java, Class Design, LLD. The interviewer will help by giving hints whenever u will be stuck at any problem, so do not hesitate to ask your doubts.
Be patient !! It’s going to be a long day of brain-storming. All the best. !!
- SAP Labs Interview Experience | On campus-2019 july
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 5 (On-Campus)
- Walmart Labs On-Campus Interview Experience | SDE-2
- Walmart Labs Off Campus Interview Experience
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 18 (For Experienced)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 2 (On-Campus)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 13 (For Experienced)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience (on-campus)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 15 (For Internship)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience (On-Campus for FTE)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 3 (On-Campus)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 6 (On-Campus)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience (For Internship)
- Walmart Labs Senior SE Interview Experience
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 16 (For Experienced)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience (4.10 yr experienced)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | Set 14 (On-Campus)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience | (On-Campus for Internship)
- Walmart Labs Interview Experience ( On Campus FT + 6 month Internship )
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.