Walmart Interview Experience (On Campus Virtual) August 2020
First Round (Online-Written Platform: HackerEarth): Time duration for this round was 1 hour and there are 25 MCQs both Easy and Gate Level Based with 1 Coding Question,
- The basic idea behind that question is we need to crack the pattern and then based on constraints we need to solve it that needs to be solved in O(logn) time.
Second Round (Technical Round 1 Platform: Zoom): The time duration for this round was 40 min. Started with Tell me something about yourself.
- To write a function that will swap two numbers (2 or 3 fixed), i.e. if I got 2, I need to return 3 and vice versa.
- Write SQL query for a table given by him.
- Two classes are there Base and Derived where Derived is inheriting Base If we create an object of Derived class, and called destructor from it which destructor will be called first.
- What is the difference between a Process and a Thread?
- What is Deadlock? How to prevent it?
- Give examples of any two Network Protocols and the layers at which they work.
- What happens when you type the URL in your browser?
- Check whether two strings are equivalent or not, one of them being an abbreviation of the other. (Case-Insensitive)
For example String:
Internationalization Abbr: I18n where 18 are the number of characters between I and N String: Poster Abbr: P1s2r Both of the above strings will return 1 if they match or else return 0;
Third Round (Technical Round 1 Platform: Zoom): This round was for 1 Hour 45 mins. Started with Tell me something about yourself. I told her that I like solving algorithms, so she was like let’s start with trees then.
- Draw a BST with randomly selected 12 values of your choice. Asked what’s the approach I am following while creating it. Write Code and Explain all the traversals for that particular tree. (i.e. Inorder, Preorder, and Postorder)
- Find a Key in BST.
- Write an SQL query to transpose a matrix.
- Detailed discussion on one of my project.
- ? How do you design a product recommender system, like If any product has been added to cart, what suggested products will be shown below? And what always do you use to find and predict those suggestions?
- OSI Layers and their functionality
- What is Deadlock? How to avoid it?
- How data has been stored inside DBMS?
- What is a Relational model?
- Write all the Permutations of a string.
- Write a program to find all the prime numbers between two numbers.
- Given an SQL query, check whether it is correct or not, also in which order it will get executed?
- What are the pointers?
- What is the memory layout in C?
- What is Heap Segment? What will happen to data inside the heap segment, once the program got executed?
- What do you understand with VPN? How does it work?
Fourth Round (Hiring Manager Round Platform: Zoom): The time duration was approx 30min. Started with Tell me something about yourself.
- Why Walmart?
- How do you fit in for the job?
- Apart from academics, what are your hobbies?
- How much do you push yourself for completing a project under its deadline?
- Questions about projects.
- What domains have you explored till now?
Fifth Round (HR Round Platform: Zoom):
- Questions on my hobbies, that I have mentioned while introducing myself.
- Tell me about your three personality traits, according to your friends/colleagues’ perspective.
- How do you react to a scenario where you as an intern got converted for full time but your close friend working with you got rejected?
- The Toughest Decisions are taken in life?
- Location preference? Why are you opting for that specific choice?
Verdict: Selected for a 6-month Internship offer.